Describes the changes in each version of Octa GST & Octa GST Server
We will be releasing frequent updates to Octa GST to keep pace with government notifications and user feedbacks. If your computer is connected to internet while using Octa GST, it will automatically notify you about the availability of new version. Please update the application when a newer version is available. Old versions may produce incorrect output and they are not supported.
Released on September 13, 2019
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-1 import which prevented the negative values in Exempt supply section from being considered.
Released on August 21, 2019
- GSTR-9 form updated to allow the item value up to 9,999,999,999,999.99 (13 digits with 2 decimals). Earlier up to 99,999,999,999.99 (11 digits with 2 decimals) was allowed.
Released on August 19, 2019
- Excel templates updated to show the subscriber’s name predominantly.
Released on July 25, 2019
GSTR-2A and purchase reconciliation
- GST Rate is now optional in Octa Purchase import format. If GST rate is not specified, Octa GST will attempt to compute it from taxable and tax amounts. This is useful when line-item details are not available in purchase register.
Released on July 13, 2019
- Added total turnover row (4N+10-11) in GSTR-9 preview, PDF and Excel export.
- Updated to show a better error message if there is any issue in upgrading the database.
Released on June 28, 2019
- Fixed an issue in importing sales data when there is an amendment of an invoice number which existing in the same return period of last financial year.
- Fixed an issue in GST annual report generation which resulted in failure if there are amendments in Export or other zero-rated invoices.
- Improved the filter dialog in GSTR-2A reconciliation so that it fits better in small screens.
Released on June 26, 2019
- Improved the performance of importing purchase data from Excel/CSV files.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the basic and smart linking in GSTR-2A reconciliation.
- Added a better error message when Octa GST Server is busy doing an existing operation.
Released on June 25, 2019
- Added the facility to view the GSTR-9 error file generated by GST Portal.
- Improved the issue checker to add a warning when taxable value or tax amount in HSN summary is negative.
- Improved the table headings to make them dynamic as per selected financial year.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in small negative value of tax amount while making adjustment in HSN summary.
GST Returns Annual Report
- Updated the comparison reports (GSTR3B vs GSTR-2A, GSTR3B vs GSTR1) to show the data of different financial years in separate heads for better visibility and understanding.
- Updated to export data of 4 months when running in trial mode. Earlier only 1 month data was being exported.
- Added the user configuration to control the invoice linking. Now user can individually enable or disable the basic and smart invoice linking.
- Improved the supplier summary to show the tax amount and difference for individual tax heads (IGST/CGST/SGST/Cess). Same is exported to mismatch summary also.
- Improved the invoice summary in mismatch report to show the tax amount and difference for individual tax heads (IGST/CGST/SGST/Cess).
- Fixed an issue in importing supplier names from GSTR-2A Excel file. It was caused by blank supplier names in GSTR-2A Excel file.
- Updated to automatically select the server while logging in when its address is changed.
- Fixed an issue of whitespace characters when adding new GSTIN number for the same business.
- Fixed an issue while importing purchase data from Excel file in Octa format.
Released on June 8, 2019
GST Portal does not accept the HSN summary even if there is difference of 1 paisa in total tax value of HSN summary. Because of rounding, HSN summary calculated using invoices often has larger differences. To address this issue, we have added the facility to automatically adjust the tax amounts in HSN summary. These small adjustments will update the HSN summary so that it can be uploaded to portal successfully.
Fixed an issue which resulted in wrong warning of tax mismatch in HSN summary.
- Introducing smart-linking feature in Octa GST. This feature will intelligently compare the invoices for similarity and will link similar invoices automatically even if the invoice number is different. This feature will work automatically and no action is needed from user.
- Added the facility to bulk generate the mismatch report for individual suppliers.
Released on May 27, 2019
- Updated GSTR-9 JSON generation and parsing as per latest GSTN schema.