Describes the changes in each version of Octa GST & Octa GST Server
We will be releasing frequent updates to Octa GST to keep pace with government notifications and user feedbacks. If your computer is connected to internet while using Octa GST, it will automatically notify you about the availability of new version. Please update the application when a newer version is available. Old versions may produce incorrect output and they are not supported.
Released on December 21, 2019
GSTR-2A & Purchase Reconciliation
- [New] Added the option to reconcile based on document date or return period.
- [Fixed] Fixed a critical issue which could result in loss of manually linked invoices. This happens when invoices are manually linked with mismatches in data and new GSTR-2A file is added in Octa GST.
Released on December 18, 2019
- In GSTR-2A and purchase reconciliation, basic and smart linking was not working when changing the business GSTIN from inside the reconcoliation page. This issue affects only if there are multiple GSTINs in one business file.
Released on December 17, 2019
GSTR-2A and Purchase Reconciliation
- Added the facility to reconcile any period as specified by user. For example, now you can reconcile Apr-2019 to Sep-2019 period.
- Updated to show the reconciliation based on return period as per books. Mismatch report has also been updated as per new design.
- Added the facility to claim the ITC on purchase documents of current and earlier periods. This facility allows you to claim the ITC on those purchase invoices which has been reconciled in current period.
- Improved the auto-calculation of ITC by generating the separate line items for each period.
- Purchase data import process improved to allow duplicate invoice numbers when supplier is unregistered.
- Fixed an issue in generating Excel reports when Excel or any other compatible application is not installed on target computer.
- Updated to open the URLs in Google Chrome browser if installed on computer.
- GST rate display is corrected in sales/purchase documents of new GST returns.
- Support of business unit has been added in GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 Excel import.
- Fixed a rare issue in printing the sales and purchase documents.
- Minor reliability and functional improvements.
Released on November 27, 2019
- Updated various Excel export functionality to export credit notes values as negative values. This will help in easy summation of taxable and tax values.
- Updated auto-calculation of GSTR-9 to exclude the usage of table 4D of GSTR-3B. Now Octa GST will not use it to compute table 7E and 7H of GSTR-9.
- Fixed an issue in export of mismatch report which caused incorrect formatting of some columns in invoice details sheet.
Released on November 25, 2019
- Added ERP Ref No and Business Unit details in Purchase-GSTR2A mismatch report.
- Added search by ERP Ref No in Purchase-GSTR2A reconciliation screen.
- While exporting GSTR-2A data to Excel format, supplier summary now shows the reverse charge and document types separetely.
Released on November 13, 2019
- Updated the Octa GST import error report to allow the better processing and usage of error report.
- Updated to allow TDS GSTIN type in sales.
Released on November 11, 2019
- Fixed an issue in Excel import which caused incorrect error message to be displayed.
Released on November 5, 2019
- Fixed an issue in interpretion of period while importing sales/purchase data using new Octa templates.
Released on November 2, 2019
- Improved the GSTR-3B prepartion by allowing multiple entries in every section. You can add description of each entry for future reference. This allows easy adjustment to auto-calculated values.
- Improved ITC claim screen in GSTR-3B which now allows claiming ITC on selected rows. It now shows the reconciliation status to allow ITC claim based on reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Supplier summary in GSTR-2A export which summarised the tax reported by each supplier in a period.
Released on October 23, 2019
- Corrected the summary description in Sales data export.
- Improved the import error message display when error message is very long.
- Improved the import processing when accounting format is used in source Excel file.
- Corrected the ITC type definition in purchase data import for new GST returns.