Describes the changes in each version of Octa GST & Octa GST Server
We will be releasing frequent updates to Octa GST to keep pace with government notifications and user feedbacks. If your computer is connected to internet while using Octa GST, it will automatically notify you about the availability of new version. Please update the application when a newer version is available. Old versions may produce incorrect output and they are not supported.
Released on July 13, 2019
- Added total turnover row (4N+10-11) in GSTR-9 preview, PDF and Excel export.
- Updated to show a better error message if there is any issue in upgrading the database.
Released on June 28, 2019
- Fixed an issue in importing sales data when there is an amendment of an invoice number which existing in the same return period of last financial year.
- Fixed an issue in GST annual report generation which resulted in failure if there are amendments in Export or other zero-rated invoices.
- Improved the filter dialog in GSTR-2A reconciliation so that it fits better in small screens.
Released on June 26, 2019
- Improved the performance of importing purchase data from Excel/CSV files.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the basic and smart linking in GSTR-2A reconciliation.
- Added a better error message when Octa GST Server is busy doing an existing operation.
Released on June 25, 2019
- Added the facility to view the GSTR-9 error file generated by GST Portal.
- Improved the issue checker to add a warning when taxable value or tax amount in HSN summary is negative.
- Improved the table headings to make them dynamic as per selected financial year.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in small negative value of tax amount while making adjustment in HSN summary.
GST Returns Annual Report
- Updated the comparison reports (GSTR3B vs GSTR-2A, GSTR3B vs GSTR1) to show the data of different financial years in separate heads for better visibility and understanding.
- Updated to export data of 4 months when running in trial mode. Earlier only 1 month data was being exported.
- Added the user configuration to control the invoice linking. Now user can individually enable or disable the basic and smart invoice linking.
- Improved the supplier summary to show the tax amount and difference for individual tax heads (IGST/CGST/SGST/Cess). Same is exported to mismatch summary also.
- Improved the invoice summary in mismatch report to show the tax amount and difference for individual tax heads (IGST/CGST/SGST/Cess).
- Fixed an issue in importing supplier names from GSTR-2A Excel file. It was caused by blank supplier names in GSTR-2A Excel file.
- Updated to automatically select the server while logging in when its address is changed.
- Fixed an issue of whitespace characters when adding new GSTIN number for the same business.
- Fixed an issue while importing purchase data from Excel file in Octa format.
Released on June 8, 2019
GST Portal does not accept the HSN summary even if there is difference of 1 paisa in total tax value of HSN summary. Because of rounding, HSN summary calculated using invoices often has larger differences. To address this issue, we have added the facility to automatically adjust the tax amounts in HSN summary. These small adjustments will update the HSN summary so that it can be uploaded to portal successfully.
Fixed an issue which resulted in wrong warning of tax mismatch in HSN summary.
- Introducing smart-linking feature in Octa GST. This feature will intelligently compare the invoices for similarity and will link similar invoices automatically even if the invoice number is different. This feature will work automatically and no action is needed from user.
- Added the facility to bulk generate the mismatch report for individual suppliers.
Released on May 27, 2019
- Updated GSTR-9 JSON generation and parsing as per latest GSTN schema.
Released on May 24, 2019
- Added support of importing GSTR-9 ZIP/JSON file generated by GST Portal. This can be used as reference while preparing GSTR-9.
- Improved the color highlighting to tolerate a range of difference between system calculated and user supplied values.
- Added the facility to check the issues in GSTR-9 before generating JSON file.
- Updated as per latest GSTR-9 JSON schema released by GST Portal.
Released on May 9, 2019
- Added support of GSTR-9 JSON file.
- Fixed an issue in Excel file import of sales summary data which caused failure in import process when place of supply is invalid.
- Updated the text language of GSTR-9 to match with latest GSTR-9 format notified by Govt.
- Minor GUI corrections and improvements.
Released on April 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue which resulted in failure to detected duplicate invoice no while entering purchase data using application user interface.
- Fixed an issue of missing GSTIN and return period while clearing the purchase data of composite tax payers.
Released on April 10, 2019
- Added the support of SEZ invoices in purchase section. This also fixes an issue which caused a failure while trying to automatically add an invoice during reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Improved the text search in GSTR-2A invoice reconciliation by allowing case-insensitive search.
- Improved the GSTR-2A reconciliation by gracefully updating the page when user note is added to “My Data” side of invoices.
- Improved the Home screen to better display the server information on small screen sizes.
- In user management screen for Octa GST Server, new facility has been added to quickly
- Fixed an issue in purchase import process which resulted in failure during import if reference voucher date was not specified for credit/debit notes. Now Octa GST will show a graceful validation error in this case.
- Improved the parsing of place of supply during import of GSTR-2-B2B sheet. Now this field supports both state-code and state-name.
- Fixed an issue in Purchase page which resulted in incorrect display of document list when there are more than 5000 purchase invoices. select or unselect all files.
- Fixed an issue in Issue checker of purchase data which resulted in false positive reporting of issues.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the line-item delete button to appear while adding line items data in fresh invoices.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in missing uploader information while exporting filed GSTR-1 data.
- Fixed an issued which showed wrong file extension while exporting GSTR-1 to Excel file in return preparation screen.
- Fixed an issue in import of sales documents (advance receipt & advance adjustment) which resulted in failure of import when ref voucher information has been provided which is not required.
- Improved various tool-tip messages in return screens.