Describes the changes in each version of Octa GST & Octa GST Server
We will be releasing frequent updates to Octa GST to keep pace with government notifications and user feedbacks. If your computer is connected to internet while using Octa GST, it will automatically notify you about the availability of new version. Please update the application when a newer version is available. Old versions may produce incorrect output and they are not supported.
Released on May 9, 2019
- Added support of GSTR-9 JSON file.
- Fixed an issue in Excel file import of sales summary data which caused failure in import process when place of supply is invalid.
- Updated the text language of GSTR-9 to match with latest GSTR-9 format notified by Govt.
- Minor GUI corrections and improvements.
Released on April 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue which resulted in failure to detected duplicate invoice no while entering purchase data using application user interface.
- Fixed an issue of missing GSTIN and return period while clearing the purchase data of composite tax payers.
Released on April 10, 2019
- Added the support of SEZ invoices in purchase section. This also fixes an issue which caused a failure while trying to automatically add an invoice during reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Improved the text search in GSTR-2A invoice reconciliation by allowing case-insensitive search.
- Improved the GSTR-2A reconciliation by gracefully updating the page when user note is added to “My Data” side of invoices.
- Improved the Home screen to better display the server information on small screen sizes.
- In user management screen for Octa GST Server, new facility has been added to quickly
- Fixed an issue in purchase import process which resulted in failure during import if reference voucher date was not specified for credit/debit notes. Now Octa GST will show a graceful validation error in this case.
- Improved the parsing of place of supply during import of GSTR-2-B2B sheet. Now this field supports both state-code and state-name.
- Fixed an issue in Purchase page which resulted in incorrect display of document list when there are more than 5000 purchase invoices. select or unselect all files.
- Fixed an issue in Issue checker of purchase data which resulted in false positive reporting of issues.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the line-item delete button to appear while adding line items data in fresh invoices.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in missing uploader information while exporting filed GSTR-1 data.
- Fixed an issued which showed wrong file extension while exporting GSTR-1 to Excel file in return preparation screen.
- Fixed an issue in import of sales documents (advance receipt & advance adjustment) which resulted in failure of import when ref voucher information has been provided which is not required.
- Improved various tool-tip messages in return screens.
Released on March 27, 2019
New: Added a new invoice summary sheet in mismatch report. This report will contain one row for each invoice/document and its matching status. With the introduction of invoice summary, Octa GST now provides the mismatch report at 3 different levels
- Supplier Summary
- Invoice Summary
- Invoice Details
New: Added support of showing net difference in tax amount on invoice comparison and summary screen.
New: Added the facility to specify the ignore amount.
New: Added the facility to select the contents to be exported in mismatch report.
New: Added the facility to export month, quarter or full year sales or purchase data.
Fixed: Display issue of GSTR-2A reconciliation configuration screen which caused a refresh error while switching from Quarter to Month.
Released on March 22, 2019
- Extended the GSTR-9 and Annual report of 2017-18 to include GSTR-1 & GSTR-2A returns till March 2019.
- Added support of multiple tax reversal heads in GSTR-9.
- Added support of concessional rate of tax in GSTR-9 HSN summary table.
- Added support of quarterly reconciliation of purchase data with GSTR-2A.
- Showed the tax difference in invoice/document comparison in reconciliation.
- Improved the Excel/CSV import functionality to show better error messages.
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B import which was preventing the successful import of GSTR-3B in some cases.
Released on March 19, 2019
- New: Added the facility to process multiple GSTR-2A excel to extract supplier names. It is available on GSTR-2A page.
- New: Added the facility to automatically discover the near-by Octa GST servers and show them on login screen for automatic selection.
- Improved the home page to display the relevant information only in case of Standard subscription.
- Fixed an issue in viewing GSTR-1 error file.
Released on March 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B import which prevent the correct import of liability section.
Released on March 18, 2019
- Fixed an issue in Annual GST Returns report which caused the missing summary data of next financial year in some cases.
Released on March 17, 2019
- New: Octa GST Server for teams. Improved concurrency, performance and security while working on the same business.
- New: Added the functionality to export the error report if there validation errors in import file. Available for all kinds of import files.
- New: Added the facility to view and print filed GSTR-1 return summary.
- New: A huge number of under-the-hood improvements in GST engine to enhance the overall performance, stability and responsiveness.
Released on March 11, 2019
A recent update of GST Portal affected the GSTR-1 JSON file generation. Because of this issue, the JSON file being generated by GST Portal is incorrect (not compliant with published JSON schema). A workaround has been added in Octa GST to handle this GST Portal issue.