Import Sales data from Tally
Describes how to export the sales data from Tally and import it into Octa GST.
Table of Contents
Export from Tally
- Go to Gateway of Tally ➞ Statutory Reports ➞ GST ➞ GSTR-1
- Click Configure (buttons on the right side) and make sure Show HSN/SAC Summary is set to Yes
- Make sure that there are no items under the section Not included in returns due to incomplete information
- Click Export Return and select Excel export format and set Export unreconciled invoices to Yes.
Convert to Excel 2007 format
When you export the GSTR-1 file from Tally using the above steps, it generates the Excel file in Legacy format (Excel 97-2003 format). Before you can import it into Octa GST, you need to convert it into current format (Excel 2007). To do this, simply open the file, and save as
Import in Octa GST
- Go to Sales page and Click on Import button
- Click on Import Excel File button in the lower section (GST Offline Tool Format)
- Follow the on screen instructions and import the file generated in first step.