Note: We will be releasing frequent updates to Octa GST to keep pace with government notifications and user feedbacks. If your computer is connected to internet while using Octa GST, it will automatically notify you about the availability of new version. Please update the application when a newer version is available. Old versions may produce incorrect output and they are not supported.
Version 6.10.1 (Jun 18, 2018)
- Digital signature applied to installable and application.
- Minor UI improvements.
Version 6.10 (Jun 17, 2018)
- GSTR-2A Reconciliation: Supplier-wise summary in GSTR-2A reconciliation module.
- GSTR-2A Reconciliation: Automatic suggestion in case of manual matching of purchase vouchers.
- GSTR-1 & GSTR-3B: Updates in JSON schema as per latest GSTN specification.
- GSTR-1: Handled the rare case when GSTR-1 JSON file is not accepted by GST Portal because of file size.
Version 6.9 (Jun 8, 2018)
Improved reconciliation with GSTR-2A
- Update GSTR-2A files in Octa GST without affecting the existing reconciliation status.
- Search by voucher type (e.g. Invoices, credit notes, debit notes).
- Add your own notes to invoices to keep track of reconciliation.
- Update the reconciliation status even when there is no voucher in supplier data.
- GSTR-1: Support of amendments of all sections.
- GSTR-1 Export/Cleanup: Export or clean up GSTR-1 including amendments.
- GSTR-2A: View and export auto-populated amendments.
Version 6.8 (May 25, 2018)
Purchase Reconciliation with GSTR-2A (New)
- A fully reimagined and user friendly purchase reconciliation with GSTR-2A.
- Beautiful and intuitive user interface to visualise the mismatches.
- Detailed comparison of each parameter to know exactly what is not matching.
- Perform the reconciliation of complete financial year in one go.
- Elegantly handle the mismatch in invoice numbers. Take control of matching by manually overriding the invoice number matching.
- Export the detailed and informative reconciliation report.
Version 6.7 (May 9, 2018)
- GSTR-1 schema updated as per latest GSTN technical specification.
- GSTR-2 page has been removed as it has been suspended by GST Council. Purchase reconciliation functionality merged with GSTR-2A module for easier access.
- Sales invoice printing format improved to support some rare cases.
Version 6.6 (Apr 19, 2018)
- Invoice Printing (New): Now you can print your sales invoices and other sales vouchers such as Credit/Debit notes.
- Support of SEZ Taxpayers (New): Now SEZ tax payers can also prepare GST Returns using Octa GST.
- Configurable Data Store (New): Now you can configure a custom location where all Octa GST data files are stored.
Version 6.5 (Apr 12, 2018)
- GSTR-3B (New): Now you can prepare GSTR-3B return by manually filling the sales, purchase & ITC summary directly. Now Octa GST support two modes to prepare GSTR-3B. First is Automatic mode, which has generates the GSTR-3B from sales and purchase invoices. In version 6.5, you can use Manual mode which allows you directly enter the summary data and generate the return JSON file.
- GSTR-4: Updated the JSON generation to align it with GSTN specifications.
- GSTR-4: Removed the reason field from import and user interface for credit/debit notes. This field is no longer required to file the return.
Version 6.4 (Apr 10, 2018)
- GSTR-4: Incorporated the latest changes in GSTR-4 JSON schema as per GST Portal.
- GSTR-4: Included the B2B purchase from registered taxpayers in GSTR-4 return as these need to be reported in Q4 return.
Version 6.3 (Apr 9, 2018)
- New: Support of Personal (Single GSTIN) and Professional (Multi User) pricing plans introduced.
Version 6.2 (Apr 7, 2018)
- Updated the GSTR-1 and GSTR-4 JSON export as per latest GSTN schema.
- Fixed an issue in return period addition and display.
Version 6.1 (APr 5, 2018)
- Added the facility to export various masters such as contacts, inventory items and item units.
- Update the import Excel format files to clearly indicate which columns are required and which ones are optional. All optional columns are now marked in green colour.
- Fixed an issue in return period display and data storage.
Version 6.0 (Mar 30, 2018)
- Added the software activation based on subscription.
- Allowed both GSTR-2A and GSTR-2 files to be used for purchase reconciliation. Now you can add GSTR-2A file in GSTR-2 page and reconcile the purchase transactions.
- Added the facility to log GST return filing status and information. Check the Business page.
Version 5.13 (Mar 17, 2018)
- Support of latest GSTR-1 Excel format of GST Offline Tool added.
- Removed the automatic tax adjustment because GST portal has rolled back the strict validation on tax amounts.
Version 5.12 (Feb 26, 2018)
- Support of Tally ERP9 6.4 generated GSTR-1 excel file added. This had to be done specially for Tally because structure of GSTR-1 excel file generated by Tally ERP9 6.4 is not as per GST Offline Tool format v1.5.
Version 5.11 (Feb 24, 2018)
- Updated to incorporate the changes in GSTR-1 technical specification and JSON schema as per GST Portal.
- Added the tax adjustment algorithm to match the tax amount calculations with GST Portal. GST portal has recently applied very strict checks on the tax amount. This is done to ensure successful upload of GSTR-1 return when there is very small difference in the tax amount calculated by GST portal.
- Added support of importing GSTR-1 Excel file v1.5 of GST offline tool.
- Added support of intra-state"deemed export" sale.
- Added support of "deemed export" purchase.
- Reason field removed in credit/debit notes of sales. This is no longer needed as per GSP Portal specification.
- Modified to remember the last used GSTIN and return period for every data file.
- Added support of negative values in HSN summary.
Version 5.10 (Jan 17, 2018)
- Updated to handle the latest GSTN technical schema definition of GSTR-1. This was was causing issues in GSTR-1 to Excel conversion process in some cases.
Version 5.9 (Jan 15, 2018)
- Fixed an issue in b2b/cdnr (GSTN Offline Excel format) sheets to accept UIN in Receiver GSTIN field.
- Fixed an issue in docs sheet (GSTN Offline Excel format) where invalid data in Documents Issued sheet could cause the import process to fail.
- Fixed a rare case in which GSTR-1 to Excel conversion could fail.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Fixed an issue in purchase reconciliation with GSTR-2 which caused an issue in automatic invoice creation.
Version 5.8 (Jan 8, 2018)
- Modified to report both HSN code and description in HSN summary if both are available in the data.
- Enabled Jan-Mar 2018 return periods.
- Updated the e-commerce GSTIN validation as per latest GSTN technical specification.
- Enhanced the auto-suggestion algorithm if invalid GSTIN is entered by user in import files.
- Enhanced the serial no validation of document issued section in GSTR-1.
- Added the standard GST rate 0.1% for merchant exporters.
- Fixed an issue where import error could be shown incorrectly.
Version 5.7 (Dec 29, 2017)
- Enhanced the processing of documents issued (docs) sheet as per latest Excel format of GSTN tool.
Version 5.6 (Dec 29, 2017)
- Added the compatibility with GSTN Offline Excel Format 1.4 released recently. The new format includes the "Receiver Name" column in B2B and CDNR sheets. This is now also supported in GSTR-1 Excel export.
- Added the correct GSTIN suggestion if it is invalid in import excel file. Octa GST will now try to suggest the correct GSTIN if there is a common mistake in entering the GSTIN.
- Enhanced the GSTR-1 JSON parsing in GSTN Tools to support recent changes in GST Portal.
- Minor enhancements in general error reporting.
Version 5.5 (Dec 24, 2017)
- Added the functionality to export the complete set of sales and purchase data of any return period to Excel file. This feature can be used to as an external backup of any return data set. The generated file can be imported back in Octa GST.
- Made the total invoice/voucher value field optional in Octa GST Excel import file. If you leave it blank, Octa GST will auto-calculate the invoice/voucher value using on line items.
- Made the reference voucher value optional in Octa GST Excel import file (SalesDocuments sheet).
- Addressed a rare issue which could affect GSTR-1 to Excel functionality in GSTN Tools.
- Made the ignorable amount (the amount difference that may be ignored) manually editable. Earlier it was possible to select only from the list of values.
- Other performance and reliability improvements.
Version 5.4 (Dec 18, 2017)
- Modified to handle the recent changes in GST Portal for quarterly return filing of GSTR-1.
Version 5.3 (Dec 17, 2017)
- Handled a rare case when converting the GSTR-1 JSON file to Excel format in GSTN Tools section.
Version 5.2 (Dec 8, 2017)
- Improvements in GSTN file format import for more robust matching of headers.
- Minor improvements in user interface.
Version 5.1 (Dec 2, 2017)
- Disabled GSTR-3B return module for quarterly return period in order to avoid confusion.
- Fixed a formatting issue in GSTR-4 return Excel export file.
Version 5.0 (Dec 1, 2017)
- GSTR-4: Now you can use Octa GST to prepare and upload GSTR-4 return for composition taxpayers.
- Quarterly Returns: Now you can prepare quarterly GSTR-1 return.
Version 4.5 (NOv 17, 2017)
- Fixed an issue where dashboard summary of outward supplies in GSTR-3B could be incorrect.
Version 4.4 (Nov 16, 2017)
- GSTR-3B outward supplies and ITC table improved to show sub-totals for different sections.
- GSTR-3B tables improved to highlight non-zero values.
- Fixed an issue in GSTR-3B dashboard where display value of total ITC was incorrect.
Version 4.3 (Nov 15, 2017)
- Performance enhancement for import of very large data set.
Version 4.2 (Nov 15, 2017)
- Added the facility to import the GSTR-1 Excel and CSV files in GST Offline Tool format. This excel file format is exported by most ERP and accounting software packages like Tally, Busy and Marg.
- Added the facility to generate GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B return data in Excel format. Now in addition to JSON file, you can also generate Excel file with return data and keep it for future reference.
- GST Portal does not show the return data if number of invoices are large. Now you can convert the GSTR-1 & GSTR-2 return file downloaded from GST Portal to Excel format for easy reference and analysis. See GSTN Tools page in Octa GST.
Version 4.1 (Nov 9, 2017)
- Handled an incompatibility issue while importing GSTR-2 files generated by GST Portal.
- Handled an issue which prevented the successful export of GSTR-2 to Excel in some cases.
Version 4.0 (Nov 9, 2017)
- Octa GST can now import the GSTR-2 Excel and CSV files in GST Offline Tool format. This excel file format is exported by most ERP and accounting software packages like Tally, Busy and Marg. Now you can easily import the purchase data in Octa GST and reconcile it with GSTR-2 data available on GST Portal.
- Added the facility to manually provide non-taxable and HSN summary details.
- Now you can Accept the supplier reported invoices without entering it in your purchase data.
- In GSTR-2 matching, Octa GST used to show a mismatch if there was a difference of more than ₹1 in taxable or tax amount. Now you can configure this limit as per your preference.
- In addition to generate JSON that can be uploaded to portal, you can also export the GSTR-2 return data to Excel file. This file contains all data which is reported in return. This file is useful for updating the account books based on return submitted and for future reference.
- GST Portal's recent recommendations about GSTR-2 has been incorporated in Octa GST. These rules will reduce the chances of errors during return upload.
Version 3.8 (Nov 2, 2017)
- Made HSN description, quantity and units optional in Octa import formats. Many of our users reported that this data is sometimes not available easily. Now you import the sales and purchase data without these fields. Please note that if this data is not available, these line items will not be included in HSN summary.
- The import errors screen is improved drastically. A lot of our users were not realising that precise error description is available for each error. This functionality is now properly exposed and made more accessible.
- Changed the format of GSTR-2/2A Excel export. This is now the same format as Octa Excel Import format. This helps to start with GSTR-2/2A data to generate your purchase data.
- Demo button on the home screen is renamed to Explore. Many of our users getting confused that it is a demo version. 😊
- Provided a Keywords field in all vouchers. You may use this field to tag the invoices as per your needs. This field is searchable in all screens. For example, you may write "No-ITC" for those invoices on which you don't wish to claim ITC, and then simply search for "No-ITC" in GSTR-2 ITC claim screen and click "Not Eligible".
- Added the functionality to clear all contacts.
- Added the functionality to clear all items.
- Port Code is enforced in capital letters to avoid issues at later stages.
- Allowed the invoice date prior to 01-Jul-2017 in case of import invoice. This is a valid case if bill of entry date is after 01-Jul-2017.
- Allowed the reconciliation action "Accept" even in case of mismatch in GSTR-2.
- Reduced the significance of Invoice Date field in GSTR-2 auto-matching. Now a difference of only invoice date mismatch will be shown as "Almost Matching" rather than "Not Matching".
- Minor enhancements in Excel export format of GSTR-2 mismatch report.
- Added better message when GSTR-2A file is added to GSTR-2 module. This was already not allowed but a lot of our users were trying to add GSTR-2A file in GSTR-2 module. We have now added a better message to help clarify this case.
Version 3.7 (Oct 30, 2017)
- Updated to handle the exceptional cases when empty vouchers (vouchers of zero value) are received from GST Portal in GSTR-2 file.
- Updated the handling of import invoices & ITC eligibility when multiple import invoices are raised for same bill off entry.
Version 3.6 (Oct 26, 2017)
- Added support of exporting the GSTR-2 mismatch report to Excel file.
Version 3.5 (Oct 24, 2017)
- Fixed an issue where incorrect message was displayed to user when GSTR-2A file was added in GSTR-2 module.
- Mismatch report algorithm is optimised to process large data set even faster.
Version 3.4 (Oct 23, 2017)
- Support of GSTR-3B JSON file.
- Support of GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 clean-up tools.
Version 3.3 (Oct 18, 2017)
- GSTR-2 data export to Excel introduced.
- GSTR-2 return file (JSON) generation enabled.
Version 3.0.2 (Oct 14, 2017)
- Improvements in GSTN file import to match with GST Portal output.
Version 3.0.1 (Oct 11, 2017)
- Minor tweaks to handle the operations done on GST portal.
Version 3.0.0 (Oct 10, 2017)
This is a major release of Octa GST which brings support of GSTR-2A and GSTR-2. Salient features of this release are:
- Add GSTR-2A file downloaded from GST Portal and view all information reported by your suppliers.
- Export GSTR-2A information to Excel for reference, analysis and comparison purpose.
- Add GSTR-2 file downloaded from GST Portal and view all information reported by your suppliers.
- Auto-matching of purchase information with data reported by your suppliers.
- Side-by-side comparison of purchase documents.
- Bulk actions to quickly reconcile a large number of documents.
- Never miss input tax credit on even a single document by going through the ITC claim facility. Take bulk action to claim ITC on a large number of documents.
- Auto-generate all sections of GSTR-2.
- Comprehensive view of all GSTR-2 sections. Analyse different sections of return with full details of relevant documents.
- Document issued information is moved from Sales module to GSTR-1 module. You can now add or modify the details of document issued from GSTR-1 module itself.
GSTR-2 return filing is more challenging than GSTR-1 because of matching, reconciliation and ITC claims. We have put a huge efforts in making this complex activity a lot simpler by automating most activities. We hope that you will love the simplicity of Octa GST.
Version 2.1.0 (Sep 19, 2017)
- Improved user interface of ITC claim in GSTR-3B added.
Version 2.0.0 (Sep 19, 2017)
- Support of adding purchase transactions (invoices, credit/debit notes etc.)
- Support of GSTR-3B, now automatically generate GSTR-3B from sales and purchase transactions.
Version 1.4.1 (Sep 8, 2017)
- Improved detection of reason codes while importing sales documents.
- Improved error messages on import validation.
Version 1.4.0 (Sep 3, 2017)
- Included services in HSN summary of GSTR1.
- Minor improvements to handle GSTN portal edge cases.
Version 1.3.2 (Aug 28, 2017)
- Standard list of UQC (unit quantity code) updated as per latest list of GST portal.
- Purchase import file format published.
- Minor improvements in Excel file import to minimise user entry.
Version 1.3.1 (Aug 25, 2017)
- Support of Excel 2007 added.
Version 1.3 (Aug 25, 2017)
- Support of directly importing Excel files.
- Other UI improvements
Version 1.2 (AUG 23, 2017)
- Support of "Deemed Export" sales invoice
- Enhancement in GSTR-1 Advance Received and Advance Adjusted summary
- Various performance improvements
Version 22.214.171.124 (aug 20, 2017)
- Automatic check of app updates and user notification
- Added a demo database to quickly get a hands-on tour of all Octa GST features
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements